Exception Handling (when to use it)

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 08:42:07 BST 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Ovid wrote:
> Side note:  some Java programmers who understand exceptions may
> still be leery about using them for things that Perl programmers
> wouldn't because in Java, exceptions can be very expensive to throw
> and catch (the reasons were explained in detail to me once, but I
> was too stupid to remember it).  Keep that in mind if you ask Java
> programmers about exceptions.

   Hum. It seems that there is something connected to the context-
changing... and, also, there is all those class-type testing to
figure out which exception class you're handling. It's obviuosly slow
even for me (totally clueless about Java).

--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}