[londonperl] Re: Pseudo Random Sequences

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Mon Jul 23 13:41:14 BST 2007

I do indeed want true randomness, but I'd like to control when it's applied.

I have no problem with the way my ipod nano shuffles.  My problem is
that if I take a brief break from the shuffled order (say I listen to
a playlist or an album, or even search for a particular song), there
seems to be no way to *resume* playing the previously shuffled order
at the point where I left it.  Thus there may be some songs that the
random feature won't ever play.  I'd like to have the option to
iterate through the entire contents of a single "shuffle" before
allowing the ipod to shuffle the songs again.

Perhaps the option exists, and I just don't know about it?

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.