[ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Thursday 2nd of August at The Cittie of York

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Fri Jul 27 15:56:29 BST 2007

Nearly forgot to announce this one - thanks to Nicholas Clark for
prodding me.

No witty bandinage or bon mots this time, some sort of hybrid of West
Nile and Lassa Fever has taken over my body. Ebola may have turned up to
the party too.

The Cittie of Yorke is situated on High Holborn.

  http://london.pm.org/meetings/locations/cittieofyorke.html
  http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?P2M?P=WC1V6BN&Z=1
  http://london.openguides.org/index.cgi?Cittie_Of_Yorke%2C_WC1V_6BN

and is a Sam Smiths pub so the drinks are cheap and the sausage platter
is muy tasty,

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome The monthly meets tend to
be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times
and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations and the pub
serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if they want to.)
They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people get there after
work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a new comer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek me out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a
drink (alcoholic or not, either's fine) and introduce them to people.

Simon

Directions: The pub is really easy to find...

 From Holborn Station: (Central & Piccadilly 38/19 Bus)
  You need to walk east down the north side of Holborn, and the pub
  will be on your left.

  Holborn station is on the corner of Kingsway and Holborn.  When you
  come out of the station, turn right down Holborn and walk east.
  There's a pelican crossing by the Penderal's Oak.  Cross the road so
  you're on the north hand side, turn right and continue east.  The pub
  will be on your left.

 From Chancery Lane (Central Line):
  You need to get on the north side of Holborn and walk west, and the
  pub will be on your right.

We'll be in the cellar bar.