oo-er...

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Mon Jul 30 16:13:18 BST 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Dave Cross wrote:

> It's worse than that. He's not even citing a search of other blogs.
> He's just saying he's "heard a couple of rumours". I can't find these
> rumours on any other blogs.
>
> Maybe he's just trying to start a rumour :)

Maybe he is, though he won 2nd prize in their build an app competition and
knows one of the runners up (another uknot bod) so maybe they move in the
right circles to hear rumours.  But then the winner, and another runner up
are l.pm folk, but have yet to say anything on here.

When I first saw the project I wasn't convinced by it, when I saw the
competition, I remained unconvinced, and maybe I wasn't alone - no
disrespect to any of the winners, but if the best 7 demo apps they can
find mostly equate to free apple hardware for what seems like an
afternoon's work, maybe it's not such a revolutionary project.

It's a good way to get free stuff though - there's about a month to go on
the business application competition if anyone fancies winning 10 grand
and fancies a gamble on it still being offered by the closing date.

the hatter