Foreign keys / Transactions in MySQL.. WTF?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 20:46:36 BST 2007

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 05:52:05PM +0930, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>
>> How did MySQL get so popular when it still seems to be missing key
>> features?
>
> Because it's still better than flat files.
>
> These days, I'm falling more and more in love with DBM::Deep though.
> For an awful lot of my stuff it can easily replace a RDBMS^WSQL
> interpreter.

Now let's get this straight, this really is pure perl and does not, in
any way, whatever, use any of the DBs (especially, but not limited to,
BERKeley DB) linked into perl? I ask this because it uses the phrase "DB
File" more than once.

Could I just say, for the record, that all "relational" databases suck,
but they are pillars of usability and (especially) reliability compared
to Berkeley DB (and I know, and really don't care, about the idiots of
large, famous name, websites that use it). Pile of bull's pizzle that it
is.

Dirk