Foreign keys / Transactions in MySQL.. WTF?

Jonathan Stowe jns at
Tue Jul 31 21:48:57 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 21:19 +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 31 Jul 2007, at 19:13, Alex Sayle wrote:
> [..]
> > To take a snapshot of a MySQL database you need to lock the whole
> > database. Once your Database reaches a cretin size
> Paging Dr. Freud!

Y'See I didn't even see that as a typo - taking it as a poetic
contraction for "a size that only a cretin would consider sensible",
which made sense to me, but obviously now I could see how it could be
otherwise - a euphemism in the mould of "une femme d'un certain age"
would make sense too.

Human languages are much more fun than computer languages.

Established 1963