Foreign keys / Transactions in MySQL.. WTF?

Jonathan Stowe jns at
Tue Jul 31 22:23:44 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 21:22 +0100, Tim Sweetman wrote:
> chromatic wrote:
> >>Do things like "command-line SQL tool with history that understands your
> >>terminal width", "GUI tool that starts in less than tree minutes",
> >>"reliable export/import tool", and "readily configured full text search"
> >>count as "key features"?
> >>

> >... and why would anyone ever want to use working clustering, now that you
> >mention it?
> >

> Well, that would be particularly nice, yes. How's Postgres's clustering?

I don't know but most sensible organizations that really do have a need
for a fault tolerant and scalable database management tend to know that
some things in life just aren't free ...

The pink crack cherubs made me do it