Version Control Systems ( was Re: [ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social this Thursday - PLUS! free beer)

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed Aug 1 08:40:29 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 07:56 +0100, Andy Wardley wrote:
> Simon Wistow wrote:
> > http://www.venda.com/stry/appdev
>
> Listed under "Essential Technical Skills":
>
>     - CVS
>
> Can we start a thread about the relative suckiness of different version
> control systems?  I think the MySQL/Pg thread is drawing to a close.

Yeah I think so. I think it might be useful if we cleared up the lines
first though, so if all of those people who are going to advocate
Mercurial or Git could go and stand in the left corner (yeah I know the
MySQL fans who were there before have left a terrible mess, but we can't
afford to pay someone to clean up.) The Subversion users, could they go
to the right corner, and everyone else just stay in the middle of the
room, except for the RCS advocates who should go outside and wait for
the special bus ...

I think you know how it goes after this, the people in the corners start
off by pointing and laughing at the people in the middle of the room ...

/J\
--
This signature kills fascists