[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social this Thursday - PLUS! free beer

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Aug 1 11:03:28 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:20:24AM +0100, Adrian Howard wrote:

> I raised it during a job interview with them - do I win?

I had been thinking recently that I needed to add to my three questions:

http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/31695

  * Is this a new position?
  * Is this job fun?
  * No job is perfect. What do you find is the most annoying part of this job?

these three:

  * What version control system do you use?
  * How do you test the code?
  * What is your release process?

as for some of those adverts currently out there, the answers can be (roughly)

"Writing tests is wasting time that should be spent on real features or fixing
bugs" and "We copy files from CVS head to the live server"

Buyer beware.

Nicholas Clark