[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social this Thursday - PLUS! free beer

Pete Sergeant pete at clueball.com
Wed Aug 1 12:16:28 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:03:28AM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> I had been thinking recently that I needed to add to my three questions:
>
> http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/31695

I also like, for Perl-y jobs, "Say I need a CPAN module installed.
What's the process for that?"

Answers tend to range from: "Well, obviously, each line of code needs to
be audited in the Virus Testing Labs", to "Well the production server
will sit under your desk to, and there's a password on top of it on a
sticky note", to my favourite: "Put in a systems request, and we'll have
it done in 24 hours" (normally untrue).

-P