[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social this Thursday - PLUS! free beer

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Aug 1 15:29:07 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 02:54:01PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:03:28AM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > I had been thinking recently that I needed to add to my three questions:
> > http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/31695
> >   * Is this a new position?
> >   * Is this job fun?
> >   * No job is perfect. What do you find is the most annoying part of this job?
> > these three:
> >   * What version control system do you use?
>
> Utterly irrelevant.  Provided that they use *a* version control system
> and that I don't have to suffer Windows to use it, I don't care what it
> is.

No, not utterly. I'd like to know that they use one. "none" is a potential
answer to that question.

> I'll use RCS if you want me to.  I'll learn your godless commie
> subversion too, if you want me to.

And we will disagree here. I'm currently using CVS, and it is impeding
my ability to get work done. Things that I know can be easy aren't. So
I care about this. You don't. It's a matter of opinion. They are *my*
questions after all :-)

Nicholas Clark