[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social this Thursday - PLUS! free beer

Billy Abbott billy at cowfish.org.uk
Wed Aug 1 16:24:22 BST 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:20:24AM +0100, Adrian Howard wrote:
>> I raised it during a job interview with them - do I win?
> I had been thinking recently that I needed to add to my three questions:
> http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/31695
>  * Is this a new position?
>  * Is this job fun?
>  * No job is perfect. What do you find is the most annoying part of this job?
> these three:
>  * What version control system do you use?
>  * How do you test the code?
>  * What is your release process?

Those are three of the questions that we like hearing when interviewing at
my place of work - however, we interview new grads mainly and don't get
asked them as often as we'd like.

Asking their opinion on our approach to the latter two is always a nice
way of getting good candidates to talk - the bad ones look confused and
the really good candidates start crying...

If your lungs and stomach start talking, stand with your arms
akimbo until they stop.
  Billy Abbott                     billy at cowfish dot org dot uk