does CPAN still work?

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at
Mon Aug 6 06:45:43 BST 2007

On Sunday 05 August 2007 23:20, Michael Stillwell wrote:
> Does installing modules via CPAN still work for anyone else?  Over
> the past few years more and more modules have been failing tests;
> just about everything needs to be installed via "force" now.
Most things work very smoothly for me, multiple buried dependencies and
everything.  On the rare occassion when it doesn't work, at least there is
'force' to fall back on.

I suspect, though, that you may be hitting the deeper problem of module
authors not writing good enough distributions for general release.  This is
not a CPAN problem, per se, but a quality control and self-discipline problem
from the authors themselves...

Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen