Perl IDE

Jonathan T. Rockway jon at
Tue Aug 7 19:31:42 BST 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 06:18:38PM +0000, Edward Quick wrote:
> Hi,
> I know any self-respecting programmer would only program in emacs, but
> recently I've started to find IDEs can actually make life easier,
> especially with large codebases. Does anyone here use an IDE for Perl? Or
> could they recommend one for me please?

There are a few options.  ActiveState have an IDE offering, Komodo:

Eclipse has a plugin called EPIC (eclipse/perl integration component):

There were a few YAPC::NA talks about epic which you might enjoy.

I personally like ECB (emacs code broser mode) for emacs, although I
rarely use it for Perl projects.  It does work fine, but I haven't had
a need for it :)

Jonathan Rockway