[on topic] Beer

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Aug 13 16:55:28 BST 2007

On 13 Aug 2007, at 16:07, David Cantrell wrote:
[...]
> Only if you are so unimaginative that you constrain yourself to having
> the numbers in the right order.  I suppose that you might want to have
> them in some sane order within a particular postcode, but in theory
> the
> postman uses the postcode to navigate to the right part of the street
> before looking at building numbers.

Although, being human, they're more likely to just assume that
properties are sanely-numbered across the length of a street, causing
much misdelivered mail when that assumption doesn't hold.

Some berk of an estate agent has been using some duff database and
sent mail to just "occupier", with just the street and the postcode.
It seems that this property is the start or end of the delivery
route, so we got them even though it's not the correct postcode.