"So the SOAP "stack" is a mess...

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Tue Aug 14 08:41:43 BST 2007

* Hildo Biersma (hpp at guest.lunatech.com) [070813 22:27]:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 07:43:13PM +0100, john_oshea at wordbank.com wrote:
> >
> > So it's pretty much hand-generated code throughout? Do you do much
> > talking to the general public side of 'the outside world', or is it all
> > to a fairly fixed set of known external sources (if at all, come to
> > think of it)?
>
> It's hand-generated code (more so on the Java side; perl is often more
> table-driven and especially Merijn is a wizard in packing a lot of SOAP
> functionality in a subroutine and four hashes) it leads to the
> interfaces being relatively "chunky", i.e. you don't expose trivial
> services.

Have you seen my recent XML::Compile module?  It produces a perfect
compliant XML data message, as long as you have a name-space Schema.
In the perl program just nested HASHes.  It does understand any,
lists, and substitutionGroups, and very thing else.

XML::Compile::WSDL and ::SOAP are under way, as alternative to
SOAP::Lite.  Presentation at the upcoming YAPC::EU.
--
Regards,

               MarkOv

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net