[on topic] Beer

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Tue Aug 14 09:45:41 BST 2007

On 13 Aug 2007, at 18:26, Daniel Barlow wrote:

> Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Although, being human, they're more likely to just assume that
>> properties are sanely-numbered across the length of a street,
>> causing much misdelivered mail when that assumption doesn't hold.
>
> My flat is numbered 2B.  I would guess that up to half my mail is
> misdelivered to 2A or 28

I once lived in flat 03 - where the leading zero was significant
since there was also a flat 3 in the same building!

The number of arguments I had with utility companies who
automagically normalised my address to 3 was silly (until some clever
sod pointed out I just needed to tell them it was "O3" not "03"...

Adrian