What do perl lovers like about python?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Aug 22 23:32:27 BST 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 17:15, Jefferson Kirkland wrote:
> Thanks a bunch for that article!  That was a truly enlightening
> look into
> the realms of Python coding.  I have been wrangling myself as to
> where to go
> next.  I have been dedicating 100% of my time to Perl and its
> intricacies,
> but have been trying to decide whether to pick up Python or Ruby.
> Both are
> nice languages and each has their advantages.

Don't pick just one language. Ever. And if you think your progress is
stalled in your language of choice you *must* spend a few days
getting your head round a different language. If nothing else it'll
enhance your understanding of the first language.

"What do they know of Perl who only Perl know?"

Andy Armstrong, hexten.net