Tube Strike (Was: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September)

Nicholas Clark nick at
Mon Sep 3 13:40:33 BST 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 01:21:52PM +0100, McGlinchy, Alistair wrote:
> Smylers wrote:
> >
> Quote:
> 	"... The Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines are scheduled to
> run as normal. We anticipate that they will be very crowded. No other
> lines are likely to be running."
> Can anyone explain why the these three are singled out for special
> attention?

Those 3 aren't maintained by Metronet (IIRC it's Tubelines)
So their maintenance staff aren't going on strike.

"special attention" being "working as normal". There must be some irony there.

Nicholas Clark