NLP (Was: Tube Strike) Thursday 6th September)

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Tue Sep 4 12:06:29 BST 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 10:34:12AM +0100, Pete Sergeant said:
> I'm yet to meet an NLP practitioner who's having anything near the
> promised success it's meant to bring in almost any area of their lives -
> this has been the driving factor behind me not doing a similar course
> myself...

I suspect this is not what you meant but I think it's worth bringing up
anyway.

Plenty of people who get ahead are natural NLP practioners such as the
bosses who know how to phrase stuff in such a way as to make you do
something that you didn't want to do but you end up doing it anyway and
only realise you've been screwed later.

It may not be 'pure' NLP but the techniques are still there and we see
them everyday. hell, most advertisers conciously or unconciously use NLP
(or, to be more, harsh - lying).

In the end  - is not NLP not just trying to teach and understand what
some people do naturally? I don't think it's a million miles from Fast
Seduction in this respect (and I blieve that some FS followers advocate
using NLP).

What I think you really meant was "People get into NLP lured by the
temptation of making Bucket Loads" but I think that's a problem with all
Get Rich Quick schemes in general but also a reluctance in the UK of
people to voluntarily get into "head voodoo" and self-help style
practices.

Simon