Beer (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Sep 7 20:04:32 BST 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 11:55:25AM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:

> It's a Young's Pub which means tasty, tasty beer (the last time I was
> there I seem to remember they had Double Chocolate on tap - rarr!)

Sadly they did not. But it was in bottles.
Is £2.15 more than we usually pay for soft drinks? [About 300ml, mixed rather
than from bottles]

But it seems whist Double Chocolate Stout and Banana Bread Beer on their own
are very nice, having both on the same night did not agree with my insides.
(And there are reports on IRC that someone with tougher insides than me also
reacted badly to the combination, making me wonder if I'm not special)

I wonder why.

Anyway, three cheers to our glorious leader for somehow stopping the tube
strike, and finding the reserved room behind the sofa after the pub had lost
it.

Nicholas Clark