[Fwd: [UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - "Linux Desktop talk 26/07/2007"]

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sat Sep 8 00:39:58 BST 2007

Nicholas Clark writes:

> On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 09:22:01PM +0100, Chris Bannister wrote:
>
> > On 07/09/07 20:58, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> >
> > > Michael is a Christian
> >
> > I wonder why we need to know that, surely satanist can use Linux too?
>
> [yes, I wonder too. Maybe it's important to him that we know it]

I think it's just part of his general biog -- it isn't unusual for
blurbs of conference speakers or book authors or whatever to mention a
few 'irrelevant' facts to help give a more-rounded vignette of the
person.

In Michael's case I believe his particular Christian beliefs do affect
his speaking, in that he declines to give talks on Sundays.

Smylers