stty weirdness

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Sep 10 21:08:58 BST 2007

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 10:22:11PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 9 Sep 2007, at 21:55, David Cantrell wrote:
> >Can anyone think of a reason why, when I ssh to a Solaris machine, C-c
> >doesn't interrupt?
> What do you get if you do "od" and then type ^C ^D ?

david at ohno:~> od
^C0000000

It's as if the C-c is being eaten before it gets to whatever I *want* to
eat it, but all I'm doing is using Terminal.app (when I'm on OS X) to
ssh to the Solaris box, nothing fancy in the middle like screen.  And of
course I can ssh to Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OS X from the same
terminal and C-c C-cs just like it should.

> Does ^\ do anything useful? (Probably not if ^C doesn't work.)

Oh no, that Does The Right Thing, in that it quits the process with
extreme prejudice.

  Languages for which ISO-Latin-$n is not necessary, #1 in a series:

    Latin