Simon Cozens simon at
Tue Sep 11 01:10:36 BST 2007

Kake L Pugh wrote:
> I see in that essay a number of quite strong statements about how we build
> up our models of the world

I'm not even sure which "we". Westerners? 21st century Brits? All
humans? I sincerely doubt the latter, having worked in different
cultures and studied some *very* different cultures. The brain does
*not* work universally in the same way;
being an excellent example.

> But in the context of Chris Jack's
> previous comments on this thread, I'm a little concerned that you're
> already talking about having taken on clients.  You've been into this
> stuff for such a short period of time - are you _sure_ that NLP and
> hypnotherapy are so much easier to become expert in than (say)
> programming, that it's possible to get so quickly to the stage where you
> can be sure that you will Do No Harm?

I think it's very much like programming; one can set oneself up as a
commercial programmer with very little experience if one can talk a good
game. NLP, PHP, all the same really.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you
know it.
    - Agent K, Men in Black