stty weirdness

Nic Gibson nicg at
Tue Sep 11 14:05:13 BST 2007

On 10/09/2007, David Cantrell <david at> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 10:22:11PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> > On 9 Sep 2007, at 21:55, David Cantrell wrote:
> > >Can anyone think of a reason why, when I ssh to a Solaris machine, C-c
> > >doesn't interrupt?
> > What do you get if you do "od" and then type ^C ^D ?
> david at ohno:~> od
> ^C0000000
> It's as if the C-c is being eaten before it gets to whatever I *want* to
> eat it, but all I'm doing is using (when I'm on OS X) to
> ssh to the Solaris box, nothing fancy in the middle like screen.  And of
> course I can ssh to Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OS X from the same
> terminal and C-c C-cs just like it should.

OK. The bit just made me sit up. I don't have an answer
but... I've noticed recently that I've been having a similar problem.
I've been ssh-ing to a FreeBSD box using and *sometimes*,
I get exactly your symptoms. I've only noticed it when running screen
on the OS X machine. Might it be

Nic Gibson
Director, Corbas Consulting
Editorial and Technical Consultancy