stty weirdness

lists@notatla.org.uk lists at notatla.org.uk
Thu Sep 13 21:36:52 BST 2007

> ... or (I think I'm getting warm but it could be the surfeit of wine)
> has someone added a syntax error somewhere between lines 5 and 48 in
> this standard Solaris /etc/profile ...
>
> ws0cbe at sunray:~ $ grep -n trap /etc/profile
> 5:trap ""  2 3
> 29:             trap "trap '' 2"  2
> 31:             trap "" 2
> 48:trap  2 3

I hope it's not one one those weird files that starts
X half-way through and doesn't reach the end.

Or maybe it sources ". /some/other/file" that is worth looking at.
(I'd tell you about what people do at my work except I'd be writing
all night and nobody would believe me.)

truss and/or dtrace should tell you if a signal is being delivered.