Poker (was Re: NLP)

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Wed Sep 19 14:09:02 BST 2007

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> The point of the original story tho' was that most people holding two
> pair wouldn't necessarily connect that the board low-pairing could
> break their hand to an overpair.

While it's a good start to think what can and can't happen, that
realisation is worthless until you then go on to work out the
probabilities. Two pair has outs to the full house as well as to the
broken overpair, so it's a bit more delicate than that.

--
An ASCII character walks into a bar and orders a double.  "Having a bad
day?" asks the barman.  "Yeah, I have a parity error," replies the ASCII