Perl Obfuscator

Ismail, Rafiq (IT) Rafiq.Ismail at MorganStanley.com
Wed Sep 19 16:26:18 BST 2007

I've used a couple of decompilers in the past; this was particularly
useful when I had to implement a particular interface which wasn't
properly documented by the vendor.  That said, I was quiet relieved when
it decompiled into readable source.  There are however a number of
'actual' obfuscators in java space, which can yield less transparent
source files.  Not sure how these work, but I can imagine optimised
trees being factored into more convoluted patterns.. Which makes one
wonder how obfuscation can screw with the intended performance of your
implementation.. Might be why most vendors don't obfuscate.