Devel::CheckOS - please test me!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Sep 30 16:50:52 BST 2007

I have just released Devel::CheckOS, which is a fairly simple wrapper
around $^O, but which also knows about OS 'families' - so you can ask it
not just "is this a Solaris box" but "is this a Unixish machine".  It
also comes with Devel::AssertOS which will let you express OS
pre-requisites:

  use Devel::AssertOS::Sun; # must be running on SunOS or Solaris

  use Devel::AssertOS::MicrosoftWindows; # must be running on Windows,
                                         # including Cygwin

  use Devel::AssertOS::Unix; # hey, I know this, it's a Unix system!

and consequently make the CPAN testers SHUT THE HELL UP when they run
your code on the wrong platform.

I have tested it on Linux, OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD and Solaris, but it
really needs testing elsewhere.

You can get it from here:
  http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/tech/perl-modules/Devel-CheckOS-0.9.tar.gz

Makefile.PL is interactive and tries to detect what you're using.
Please answer the questions truthfully, and even if it guesses wrong,
let the tests run.  Then if it fails, please email me the results and
also a copy of the output from 'perl -V'.

And if anyone knows how to reliably tell the difference between
OpenDarwin and OS X, do please let me know.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

      Googling for "Swedish lizard overlord" gives
      this sig as the first result.

      WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU, EH? EH?