car identity

Michael Lush mjlush at
Fri Oct 5 16:56:03 BST 2007

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Andrew Beattie wrote:
> Dirk Koopman wrote:
>> What I am actually trying to do is date this photo:-
>>         (warning: large photo)
> Do you have the original plate?
> They often contain a huge amount of detail that doesn't show in the print
> (let alone your jpg).  There might be a date on the poster in the window.

It would be nice to see what the poster says it looks like
"The Thngerind" looks like a play ...

Two other things spring to mind on te grocers window,

'Greens sponge mixture' a one of the collector lists may give a date to

Spratts dog cakes, I did a little googling on that apparently their logo
was in the shape of a "Scotty dog" in the 1950s
<> so it changed
you may be able to pin down when it changed. James Spratt was involved in
setting up Crufts so perhaps the Kennel club?

Michael John Lush PhD			Tel:44-1223 492626
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee	Email: hgnc at
European Bioinformatics Institute
Hinxton, Cambridge