Hardest to install CPAN Module? was Re: easy introduction to perl

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 22:29:36 BST 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 09:33:40PM +0100, Peter Corlett typed:

> On 6 Oct 2007, at 20:15, Matt S Trout wrote:
> [...]
> >In fact, the same goes for Catalyst - if you're careful you can get it
> >installed without needing to compile -anything- (and there's ways
> >and means
> >of installing your own copies of XS modules onto servers anyway,
> >just needs
> >a little bit of smarts applied).
>
> Umm, Catalyst is the archetype of hard-to-install CPAN modules.

Well I've not installed RT recently but the last time I did (admittedly
years ago) it needed a specific subversion of DBD::mysql.

RT would be my candidate for hardest-to-install CPAN module.

--
Steve Mynott <steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk>