Benchmark results (was easy introduction to perl)

Lyle - perl at
Sun Oct 7 22:15:15 BST 2007

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> I think Ash's point was that many perl people are moving away from plain
> and are using more advanced tools like Mason, Catalyst, Jifty,
> and CGI::Application.
While looking at some benchmarking for Perl, PHP, ASP, etc, I came
across some results that mentioned Mason, and has certainly put me off it!

Not saying did any better, lol. Although I've only every used for
browser file uploads and not for generating HTML. I've always used my
own HTML routines, I was thinking about changing it all to template
toolkit, but looking at the memory overhead I think I might stick with
my own stuff...