easy introduction to perl

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Oct 8 11:57:38 BST 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 10:05:22PM +0100, Ash Berlin wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> > Quite: http://cpandeps.cantrell.org.uk/?module=Catalyst
> That overall chance of success seems on the low side compared to the
> individual modules. I remember a discussion on the {list,irc channel}
> about how those are calculated, but could you maybe make the webpage
> display them as well?

It's the product of the probability of success for all the modules.
And I've added a note about that.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, it'll be low, because lots of those failures will be from older
versions of perl, or weirdo platforms that you don't care about.
Failures also include pedantic errors like the tester not having a
library or application installed when a module requires it.

Fixing at least the first half of that is on my to-do list.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

Please stop rolling your Jargon Dice and explain the problem
you are having to me in plain English, using small words.
  -- John Hardin, in the Monastery