Brown trousers time :~

Andy Armstrong n at rciss.us
Mon Oct 8 14:25:24 BST 2007

(I'm just rereading this - something you said subsequently is bugging
me)

On 8 Oct 2007, at 01:47, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> Part's of the software need to be able to withstand large volumes
> of traffic... I'm talking about 100's, 1000's or even 10,000's of
> clicks per second!

Clicks? Or hits? Are you expecting peak loads of 10,000 HTTP
requests / second? Just under a million hits a minute is a really
huge amount of traffic.

> What's the mod_perl equivalent in Win32? I'm guessing PerlScript in
> ASP, but is that faster? I can't find any benchmarks.

Then you mention Win32. This is what I missed first time.

Are you intending to write something that runs both on *nix and
Win32? If so that would imply that you don't have complete control
over the deployment environment. Is that true?

I don't think 10k hits / minute is going to play well with that.
Maybe I'm misreading your post.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten