Brown trousers time :~

asmith9983@gmail.com asmith9983 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:41:43 BST 2007

Hi
Instead of thinking of it as your biggest  project, break it up into a set of
more manageable smaller projects, which you can can really focus on. Are you
programming this by yourself, or are you part of a team  ?  Write some good
design documentation before you start. Looking back later it'll tell you what
you intended, whereas the code  only says what it's doing.   If the project
has 10's of thousands of lines then someone is investing a lot in its
construction, so long-term maintenance must be a consideration.  Incorporate
a test routines  into your design so any changes can be easily tested. This
takes time.

--
Andrew