Disclaimer footers (Was: www.cpan.org)

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Tue Oct 9 14:17:37 BST 2007

On 10/9/07, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:06:03PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> [...]
> > [while on this off topic, I must say that I actually rather like the
> > Morgan Stanley disclaimer. It's very short and to the point, and I think
> > covers everything that it needs to. If they can do it that efficiently,
> > why can't everyone else?]
>
> My theory is that the more an organisation overestimates its own status, the
> longer the disclaimer.

Google don't require one. If you choose to have one anyway, and they
certainly recognize the shaky legal basis of email footers, the
guidelines suggest,

"If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward
it to anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged
information), please erase all copies of it, including all
attachments, and please let the sender know it went to the wrong
person.  Thanks."