Shell help needed

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Oct 11 11:19:10 BST 2007

I'm ever so embarrassed to have to ask this, but I have a script which
sshes to another machine, starts a screen(1) on it, does some stuff, and
then leaves me at a shell prompt.  That stuff is failing because the
$PATH isn't set correctly:

$ ssh -t some.random.host "screen -S foo /usr/local/bin/bash -c 'echo
    $PATH;/usr/local/bin/bash'"

$PATH here doesn't contain any of the customisations in my .profile or
.bashrc.  And no combination of -i or -l when I invoke bash seems to do
the job.  Help?

Did you know that shotguns taste like candy canes?  Put the barrel in
your mouth and pull the trigger for an extra blast of minty goodness!