Does Microsoft like Perl and PHP????

Andy Armstrong n at rciss.us
Sun Oct 14 23:15:12 BST 2007

On 14 Oct 2007, at 22:16, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>  I've been reading through a load of stuff. What's going on with
> Microsoft and other script engines, I just read this review on Perl
> from their site:-

That was eight years ago of course.

> And I've been reading about them working with Zend to produce their
> FastCGI IIS extension that's going to launch with IIS7, and is
> available for IIS5 and 6 as a download from their site....

Yup. See also IronPython. MS are interested in all manner of
languages. They don't do Java much because of the spat with Sun. And
arguably C# is a better-Java-than-Java so maybe that's no bad thing.

Certainly they make more noise about their own (often entirely
usable, occasionally excellent) development tools but there aren't
many languages that they're actively antagonistic towards.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten