Does Microsoft like Perl and PHP?

Paul LeoNerd Evans leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
Tue Oct 16 09:28:55 BST 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:28:42 +0100
Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote:

> However, people don't seem to "get it" or just don't care.

I am tempted to blame, at least partially, the MUA's UI.

I challenge you to name me a single MUA that displays, in any way, the
"References" or "In-Reply-To" fields by default, when composing a reply.
Normally, the reply looks exactly the same as a new message, with some
"to" and "subject" line. The uninitiated user cannot visually distinguish
a new message with a filled-in "to" line, and a reply with the "subject"
deleted - to him, he cannot see that the former is different from the
latter, that the latter also stores refs/in-reply-to that will break
threading.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/