Book Recommendations

Nic Gibson nicg at noslogan.org
Tue Oct 16 11:33:32 BST 2007

On 16/10/2007, Spiros Denaxas <spiros at lokku.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/07, Nic Gibson <nicg at noslogan.org> wrote:
> >
> > People [1]
> >
> > A few months back I asked about book recommendations for an
> > introductory perl course. You recommendations were apparently rather
> > good. Now, I'm asking for the same sort of recommendations for an
> > advanced perl course. The topics in the course are (heavily
> > summarised):
> >
> > object orientation
> > error handling
> > dbi
> > tk
> >
> > (I didn't write the course, they're not really my choice of subjects)
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>

> Hey,
>
> Provided that are keen on doing some preparatory work on your behalf as well
> , I would strongly recommend the Perl Cookbook
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cookbook/ for this.
>
> Spiros

Thanks :)

I suppose I should give the books I've already got on the list:

Object Oriented Perl
Perl Cookbook
Perl Medic
Intermediate Perl
Perl Hacks
Perl Best Practices
Advanced Perl Programming

The only real restriction is that I have to stay within a BA weight
limit whilst carrying clothes for four days.

nic

--
Nic Gibson
Director, Corbas Consulting