Bristol/Bath.pm (was Re: Perl 6?)

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Oct 17 11:25:44 BST 2007

Quoting Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com>:

> On 17/10/2007, Peter Haworth <pmh at edison.ioppublishing.com> wrote:

>> > Bristol and bath, it's not ready yet... Got mailman setup today, but
>> > still got to do the site, etc...
>>
>> Doesn't Bath.pm already exist? OK, it looks a bit moribund, judging by
>> bath.pm.org and its mailing list.
>
> Yes - bath.pm already exists - Lyle subscribed, we said hello.
>
> Lyle ? If you're want to organise something, just email the existing
> bath.pm list. How about just getting a few people together in the pub
> for a drink and using the existing and working mailing list to
> organise that.

That's pretty much what's happening. Lyle has taken over control of
Bath.pm (the previous leader had buggered off to Amsterdam!) and has
also volunteered to resurrect the dormant Bristol.pm. He's planning to
run them as a join Bath/Bristol group.

Don't worry, the people behind pm.org are far too lazy (and I mean
that in the nicest possible way) to start setting up new groups where
ones already exist.

> It worked for london.pm

Pretty much anything seems to work for london.pm tho' :-)

Dave...