Bristol/Bath.pm (was Re: Perl 6?)

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:56:16 BST 2007

On 17/10/2007, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com>:

> >> Doesn't Bath.pm already exist? OK, it looks a bit moribund, judging by
> >> bath.pm.org and its mailing list.
> >
> > Yes - bath.pm already exists - Lyle subscribed, we said hello.
> >
> > Lyle ? If you're want to organise something, just email the existing
> > bath.pm list. How about just getting a few people together in the pub
> > for a drink and using the existing and working mailing list to
> > organise that.
>
> That's pretty much what's happening. Lyle has taken over control of
> Bath.pm (the previous leader had buggered off to Amsterdam!) and has
> also volunteered to resurrect the dormant Bristol.pm. He's planning to
> run them as a join Bath/Bristol group.

An email to the existing lists would seem both sensible and at polite
- quite why I heard about this through an offhand comment on london.pm
I don't know.

> Don't worry, the people behind pm.org are far too lazy (and I mean
> that in the nicest possible way) to start setting up new groups where
> ones already exist.

Seems a bit pointless creating a standalone mailing list outside of
the perl.org mailing lists that are listed and archived and well
known.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk