FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

Andy Armstrong n at
Fri Oct 19 10:12:58 BST 2007

On 19 Oct 2007, at 02:39, Lyle - wrote:
> Just one drawback, Microsoft has been working with Zend (yes the
> PHP guys) to release this FastCGI library, and they tell you
> exactly how it can work with PHP. They go on to say it'll work with
> other languages... but they don't really know how.

You piqued my curiosity. Everything I can find on the subject of IIS
+ FGCI + Perl sugggests that it (still) just works. And your code
tends to confirm that - given that it looks like what I take to be a
normal FCGI despatch loop. What IIS specific problems did you have
and how does your code solve them?

Andy Armstrong, Hexten