FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Oct 19 15:22:45 BST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 02:49:06PM +0100, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> Incidentally if you use Module::Starter::PBP to create your project
> you'll get skeleton Makefile.PL, Build.PL and tests. There will be
> tests for POD syntax and coverage and it's easy to see how to add
> prerequisites to Makefile.PL and Build.PL.

Isn't maintaining both Makefile.PL and Build.PL by hand a Bad Practice?
They're bound to get out of sync.

You should just stick with Makefile.PL and *no* Build.PL, or maintain
Build.PL and automatically re-generate your Makefile.PL from that when
you package stuff and upload it to the CPAN.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

   The voices said it's a good day to clean my weapons