FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

Matt S Trout dbix-class at
Sat Oct 20 05:06:03 BST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 02:49:06PM +0100, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 19 Oct 2007, at 14:43, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> >Everything! Test that it does every single thing it's supposed to
> >do. Test the POD for coverage and formatting too.
> Incidentally if you use Module::Starter::PBP to create your project
> you'll get skeleton Makefile.PL, Build.PL and tests. There will be
> tests for POD syntax and coverage and it's easy to see how to add
> prerequisites to Makefile.PL and Build.PL.

If your dist contains a Build.PL you aren't following modern best practices.

Damian's idea thereof does not correspond to what those of us dealing with
production deployments consider a good idea.

   Technical Director