Devel::CheckLib: Please try to break our code!

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Sat Oct 20 08:32:09 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 19:34 +0100, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> > Please try to run the tests on as many platforms as possible,
> > with as many perls as possible, and in particular using perls built with
> > as many compilers and linkers as possible.
> >
> Why don't you just upload it to CPAN? Then you'll get loads of people e
> running your make tests on lots of different servers...

You mean like the bit where he said "Devel::CheckLib, which should be
on a CPAN mirror near you soon"?

The problem with simply relying on the unwashed horde of Perl users to
simply install the module and run the test suite is that they are more
likely to simply give a bad rating on cpanratings or whine on perlmonks
without actually being able to give any useful feedback that would help
diagnose any problems.

/J\