Cpanratings etc - Re: Devel::CheckLib: Please try to break our code!

Andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Sat Oct 20 11:39:19 BST 2007

IvorW wrote:

> That's why I don't like cpanrantings. Before you know it, your module
> can be slated by someone who's missed the point, and there's no easy
> editorial control or right of reply.

Not being a module developer, I can't comment on details but I feel that
cpanrating  is trying to plug a need. But it might not be plugging this
need very well.

There is a lot of good stuff on CPAN, a lot of moderate stuff and some
crap.  THere seems to be a need whereby less knowledgeable people can
download stuff with confidence that it is reasonably well going to do
what it sets out to do.

Just noticed the added n in rantings :-)