Scientific Endeavour?

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Oct 22 21:08:54 BST 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:09:37PM +0100, Andrew Black wrote:
> Dirk Koopman wrote:
> >Is this a result that could be verified at a social evening?
> >
> >http://xkcd.com/323/
>
> I remember once finding a bug after a trip to the pub. My defences were
> such that I was able to step through code in a debugger that rationally
>   I would have not suspected to be problems.
>
> But fixing it was left to Monday morning :-)

Occasionally I've found and fixed bugs after a trip to the pub, if only
because I wasn't going to get to sleep, and I was in the right sort of bloody
minded mood to chase the them down until they can't hide any more.

But I'm extra very careful when committing things when less than sober.
(This can be verified - see if any changes I've committed to the core after
11pm UK time (on nights when I was not committing anything between 7pm and
11pm) have had to be reverted).

Nicholas Clark