FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

Matt S Trout dbix-class at
Tue Oct 23 20:06:49 BST 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 02:30:50PM -0700, chromatic wrote:
> On Sunday 21 October 2007 13:49:32 Andy Armstrong wrote:
> > Having had a quick scan of the docs I feel a bit of a chump for not
> > having noticed M::I much before.
> Do the docs say "You have to release a new version of every distro you write
> using M::I in case there's yet another bug in this distro?"  Because they
> should.

That's still an improvement over "you have no idea if the user has a buggy
version and if they do you're fucked sideways".

Module::Install sucks. But other than "don't rely on anything that wasn't in
$min_perl_version_of_choice's EUMM" it's the least sucky alternative AFAICS.

   Technical Director