Need to learn C, best books?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Oct 24 14:34:22 BST 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 01:28:38PM +0100, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:

> Is there a C programming book equivalent to "Learning Perl" by Randal?

I found K&R to be sufficient.  It is, however, somewhat lacking in the
"how to use the tools that come with the compiler" department.

The best tutorial is, of course, to have a simple problem, sit down with
the book, and solve it.  Or to find someone elses code that does almost
what you want, and hack on that.  The latter is how I learnt perl, by
fixing Matt's scripts.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive